O'FALLON, ILLINOIS REAL ESTATE
O'Fallon is a beautiful city in Southern Illinois and is one of the fastest-growing communities in the metropolitan St. Louis area. It is truly a great place to raise your family and call home. O’Fallon offers a very strong school system, low crime rates, a low unemployment rate and steady job growth.
O’Fallon is located in St. Clair County Illinois and offers easy access to Interstate 64. It is located near Scott Air Force Base and is less than 17 miles to downtown St. Louis, Missouri, which is home to the St. Louis Baseball Cardinals and St. Louis Blues Hockey. O’Fallon is surrounded by Scott AFB, Fairview Heights, Shiloh, Lebanon, Swansea, Caseyville, Troy and Belleville.
O’Fallon has been selected by several organizations and online websites as one of the top communities to live in Illinois and nationally as well.
- The 3rd best place in Illinois to raise a family (2016)
- The 5th best city for Illinois families (2016)
- Best city in Illinois for young families (2013)
- Ranked the 103rd best city in America and 30th in education and health out of 1,268 cities
- Ranked 5th happiest place to live in Illinois
- Ranked 18th best community to live in America for veterans
- Scott Air Force Base was listed as the best place to be stationed and live in the country by the Air Force Times
- Scott AFB was selected as the winner of the prestigious Air Mobility Command Community Support Award (Abilene Trophy) for the extensive support demonstrated by the community for the Airmen of Scott Air Force Base and their families (2012 and 2014)
O’Fallon is highly regarded throughout the region for its excellence in education at all levels. Students who attend O’Fallon schools consistently score above average in state testing. There are two public elementary school districts: Central District 104 and District 90, which together serve approximately 3,800 students. O’Fallon has three private schools, seven elementary schools, three middle schools and two campuses of O’Fallon Township High School District 203, which serves 2,500 students. It is also important to note that O’Fallon High School is ranked one of the best in the country by the U.S. Department of Education. Since 2003, O’Fallon has expanded its school system, with three new schools, to accommodate the growing residential community. The newest additions include a new freshman high school campus, an elementary school and a junior high school.
SAFE CITY PARKS
O’Fallon has several recreational facilities as well as 11 community parks, which feature bicycle and walking and hiking trails, great playgrounds, amazing baseball and soccer fields (including turf fields), covered pavilions, a skate boarding park, a splash pad and a dog park. The parks and pavilions are perfect for family reunions, gatherings and birthday parties.
O’Fallon residents have several retailers to choose from for their shopping needs including, Sam’s Club, Wal Mart, Target, Dierberg’s, Schnucks, Alpine Shop, Macy’s, Dillard’s, JC Penny, Marshalls, Kohl’s, Gordmans, TJ Maxx, Abercrombie & Fitch, Best Buy, Build-A-Bear, Justice, Lane Bryant, Sears, Gander Mountain and several others. In addition, the downtown O’Fallon shopping district offers a variety of charming locally-owned shops from florals to personalized baby gifts to gourmet teas and extra virgin olive oils. Peel wood fired pizza, Gias, Hemingways and Shooters are O’Fallon’s downtown restaurants.
A few subdivisions in O’Fallon Illinois include: Nolin Creek, Prairie Crossing, Laurel Heights, Bristol Hill Estates, Fairwood Hills, Prairie Crossing, Thornbury Hill, Parcs at Arbor Green, Savannah Hills, Fairwood Hills, Crown Point, Steeplechase, Huntington Chase, Windsor Creek, Forest Hills, Estates at Lincoln Farm, Heartstone, Northwoods, Braeswood Trails, Braeswood Forrest, Witte Farms, Stonebriar, Stone Castle Estates and Illini Trails.
O’Fallon receives an economic boost from military and federal civilian personnel, defense contractors and military retirees because of its proximity to Scott Air Force Base. In 2013, ESRI listed O’Fallon population at 34,031 with 13,107 Households. O’Fallon is the third largest city in the Metro-East region and Southern Illinois.
According to Sterling’s Best Places to live, the unemployment rate in O’Fallon, Illinois is 4.90%, with job growth of 4.06%. Future job growth, over the next ten years, is predicted to be 43.20%.
- St. Elizabeth’s Hospital is currently under construction in O’Fallon, Illinois and Memorial Hospital East, just opened in 2016 in Shiloh, Illinois.
- St. Elizabeth’s Hospital is currently building a 144-bed, $253 million facility at the intersection of Interstate 64 and North Green Mount Road. The new hospital will include services for intensive care, pediatrics, surgical obstetrics, oncology, emergency, gynecological, rehabilitation, cardiac, imaging and pharmacy.
- Memorial Hospital, located at the intersection of Frank Scott Parkway and Cross Street, is a $124 million, 94-bed facility and has 673 employees.